Dearest Omar and Marina,
I wish you lots of happiness for these 50 issues you've done with such an effort: writing, cutting and copying and so on, and as you say, "stealing" time from some other things, like your family. 50 is a number that sounds to maturity to me, but it also means being "en lo mejor de la vida", with quite a lot of experience and a great deal of strength and youth to do things. Thanks a lot for all you do, I share this material with other teachers, both in English and in Spanish, and I also send a lot of the stories to my son Federico who is a priest and is studying in Rome for the time being, but is a missionary in Russia. He likes them all and at the same time he shares them with some American priests who are his classmates at the Papal Institute "Giovanne Paolo II". As you see, parts of your SHARES go all over the world.
I have you both and your sons in my prayers,
Maria del Carmen Anzulovich - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can easily understand why we are so proud. Thank you, Maria del Carmen for your warm words and your prayers ( we all need them) . Thank you all SHARERS for being there.
Our dear and creative SHARER, Elisabet Guber from Comahue sends us this brainteaser:
Dear Omar and family,
I'm sending this brainteaser for you and your sharers (of course!). The answers? I will be posting them next week.
1. There is one word in the English language that is always pronounced incorrectly. What is it?
2. A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it?
3. A boat has a ladder that has six rungs, each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water. The tide rises at 12 inches every 15 minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at it's highest, how many rungs are under water?
4. There is a house with four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What colour is the bear?
5. Is half of two plus two equal to two or three?
6. There is a room. The shutters are blowing in. There is broken glass on the floor. There is water on the floor. You find Sloppy dead on the floor. Who is Sloppy? How did Sloppy die?
7. How much dirt would be in a hole 6 feet deep and 6 feet wide that has been dug with a square edged shovel?
8. If I were in Hawaii and dropped a bowling ball in a bucket of water which is 45 degrees F, and dropped another ball of the same weight, mass,and size in a bucket at 30 degrees F, both of them at the same time, which ball would hit the bottom of the bucket first? Same question, but the location is in Canada?
9. What is the significance of the following: The year is 1978, thirty-four minutes past noon on May 6th.
10. What can go up a chimney down, but can't go down a chimney up? (hint... chim chimminy)
11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in the centre field?
12. What is it that goes up and goes down but does not move?
I will be eagerly waiting for your answers and as you say, in the meantime, as usual: " Have a Wonderful Week".
Elisabet Sandra Guber.
We have received this e-mail from Erna Berntz - National Consultant from Trinity, The International Examinations Board, email@example.com with details of their tour of Argentina to promote their renowned exams::
Trinity 2001 Teacher Training Seminars
Guest Lecturer: Dr. John Brown (UK), MEd, PhD , examiner in Spoken English for Speakers of Other Languages, teacher, teacher trainer and marketing consultant specializing in business training, young learners and achieving success in business.
Lecture (A) Storytelling and the art of the imagination in the English classroom.
John will examine some research carried out regarding the ethopsychological barriers to English. He shall explore some of these findings and link them to the Art of Story telling as a natural means to overcome these barriers in young learners from 5 to 15.
Lecture (B) Examining oral English: Why-When-How (workshop)
This workshop will explore the ways in which we can assess our students' speaking skills in such a way as to provide motivation and a positive learning experience. Different approaches will discussed and their merits and demerits will be considered.
Lecture (C) Guidelines for the new Integrated Skills Examinations-written assessment and Grading and examination preparation guidance for Trinity ESOL spoken examinations.
In this practical session, teachers will be given advice on grading and preparation of candidates as well as the opportunity to assess students' oral performance according to TRINITY criteria discussed earlier in the workshop.
Dates and Venues:
San Nicolás: 2 May, 18:00 to 20:30, at Esc. Normal Sup. R. Obligado, Plaza 23 de Noviembre. Lectures B-C. Registrations at API (03461) 43- 3797.
Rosario: 3 May, 18:00 to 21:00, at Col. Ntra. Señora del Rosario, Oroño 770.Lectures A-C . Registrations at (0341) 426- 1276.
Córdoba: 5 May, 9:00 to 15:30, at Colegio San José, Independencia 302. Lectures A-B-C. Registrations at (0351) 423 -6448.
Resistencia: 8 May, 18:00 to 20:30, at Hotel Covadonga, Guemes 200. Lectures B-C. Registrations at Casa de Inglés (03772) 44-3443/43-9071.
Salta: 10 May, 18:00 to 20:30, at ICI Salta, Av. Belgrano 386. LecturesB-C. Registrations at (0387) 431-8868.
Tucumán: 12 May, 9:00 to 15:30 at Colegio Nueva Concepción, Balcarce 655.Lectures A-B-C. Registrations at (0381) 432-1956,
Bahia Blanca: 17 May, 18:00 to 20:30 at Librería Agencia Sur, Thompson 250. Lectures B-C. Registrations at Instituto Oxford, (0291) 451 2916.
Vivian Morghen, ARTESOL Vice president, sends us information about the 15TH ARTESOL Convention
13.- WEB SITE RECOMMENDED
Rosana Carlino from the Cultural Department of ICANA writes to announce the following cultural activities:
17.- AN INVITATION FROM OSCAR WILDE SCHOOL
18.- NEWS FROM ACUARELL
Time to say goodbye
again. It is difficult to find creative ways to say goodbye. We decided it was
Time to say goodbye again. It is difficult to find creative ways to say goodbye. We decided it was good
enough to part with a song. Which
one to choose? Nothing more convenient that the "Goodbye" song from "The
enough to part with a song. Which one to choose? Nothing more convenient that the "Goodbye" song from "The
Sound of Music" (La Novicia
Rebelde). Strictly for SHARERS over 40, or are we
Sound of Music" (La Novicia Rebelde). Strictly for SHARERS over 40, or are we wrong?
So Long, Farewell
In the meantime, as usual
HAVE A WONDERFUL
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK
SHARE is distributed
free of charge. All announcements in this electronic magazine are also
absolutely free of charge. We do not endorse any of the services announced or
the views expressed by the contributors.
SHARE is distributed free of charge. All announcements in this electronic magazine are also absolutely free of charge. We do not endorse any of the services announced or the views expressed by the contributors.
E-mail addresses are normally withheld unless the people or institutions concerned explicitly express in their postings to us their wish to have their electronic address published.
If a friend wishes to receive this electronic magazine tell him or her to send an e-mail to us with his or her details. We love to hear from the people with whom we SHARE but for subscription purposes NAME and CITY are enough. All other details are welcome.